This summer is a busy one for me, and I hope to post as much as I can in between holidaying, kayaking, making social action campaigns and whatever else comes along. And as a keen list-writer, I have compiled the goals I want to achieve over the summer:
- Drink more water. This one is simple and probably a stereotypical goal, but I think it’s still important. To make me feel healthier and improve my skin.
- Keep up running- I already go running about once a week, but I often get caught up with other things when I am out of school. So, to stay healthy, I want to keep up the routine. And maybe go swimming, too.
- Complete my reading list. This one is hard as it will inevitably grow, but for now this is what I have:
- The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Jane Eyre
- Wide Sargasso Sea
- The Book Thief
- Emma (well, finish from where I left it…)
- Animal Farm
- An Abundance of Katherines
- And any YA novels that interest me! (I have already read the Hunger Games and Divergent series recently, so I was thinking the Mortal Instruments and Beautiful Creatures.)
- Write poetry. And just write in general. Even though it’s something I love to do, sometimes I don’t make enough time to do it.
- Save up money. For, you know, stuff. Mainly clothes, I’ll admit, and I kind of need a new laptop, too.
- Put effort into NCS, making friends and doing activities as best as I can. I’m not very confident at all, so doing this project on my own is a bit of a leap, and I want to push myself to not let my lack of confidence bring me down.
- Make time for friends- especially the ones that I won’t see at sixth form. It’s important to me to keep the friendship going. So, I’ll be planning cinema trips, swimming, days out and whatever else I can think of.
Now that I reread the list, I seems like quite a lot to do in just over a month. But I’m ready for it. Bring it on, summer!