Thank you so much to Flooding August for nominating me for this award! Go check out her blog 🙂
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
Facts about me:
- My name is Lucinda, but some people call me Lucy. According to the drink mat on my desk, my name means ‘light-bringer’ . It also says that I am ‘confident, bright, talkative and inquisitive.’ This mat doesn’t know me very well…
- I have awful coordination. I managed to get a basketball in my face nearly every PE lesson last year.
- Oreos always make me happy. And cheesecake. Don’t forget chocolate, too.
- I’m around 5ft 8″
- I’ve been in the chorus of the school production three times now. When we did The Sound of Music, for the first half I played a man, and for the second I was a woman!
- I don’t care what anyone thinks, I love Taylor Swift and have done since I was around eleven. I like a lot of different genres. I can’t go a day without listening to music, though I can’t play or sing myself.
- I am the second oldest of my dad’s seven children (including my half sister and brothers)
- Travelling is something I have always wanted to do. Hopefully, I’ll be able to take a gap year after my A levels.
- I’m not really into TV. I prefer films. The last film I saw at the cinema was ‘Lucy’ (no, I didn’t just watch it for my namesake! But I wouldn’t mind being Scarlett Johansson, she’s pretty bad-ass.)
- I’m usually quite good at judging someone’s character. I knew as soon as I met the girl that ended up bullying my friend to steer clear. When my mum introduced me to her ex boyfriend last year I could tell there was going to be trouble. It took my mum too long to listen, and she learned what I had tried to tell her the hard way. Sometimes, I think I can be too judgmental or wary of people.
- The only thing I can cook moderately well is lasagna.
Here are Flooding August’s questions:
1. What got you into writing?
I enjoyed reading when I was younger. English has always been my favourite subject, and being shy meant that writing stories allowed me to express myself in a way I found rewarding and fun.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you (that you don’t mind sharing)?
There are so many moments of my life that I look back on and just cringe. I’ll go with this one: when I was six and my class was in the middle of maths test I found it so hard that I just wet myself. I suppose it was an easy way out!
3. What is your biggest dream?
To become a successful writer and publish novels.
4. Worst nightmare?
I hate blood and gore (unless it’s in a film and I know it isn’t real) so that would probably be my worst nightmare.
5. If you could have coffee with one other blogger, who would it be?
Sorry to the coffee lovers, but I don’t drink it. This one is hard! I think it would be awesome to have all bloggers that I follow/that follow me and have a little real life meet up. it would be strange to see what everyone is truly like compared to their ‘internet self’.
6. What is your favorite book?
At the moment, its a tie between The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Paper Towns by John Green, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I have a feeling when I finish Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, it will be added to that list.
7. If you were a color, what color would you be?
The first colour that popped into my head was mint green. It’s not too bold, like me-it isn’t seeking attention. But you could say it is fresh, like my youth.
8. Looking back at when you made your blog, would you change the name?
I don’t think I would because it’s part of my image now and even though I don’t have loads and loads of followers, they are a bunch of amazing people. I wouldn’t want to change that.
9. Whats your favorite post you have ever written?
I enjoyed writing my last post because I’ve never written from that point of view before so it was new and interesting to try.
10. How do you take coffee (if you drink it)?
Sadly, I don’t. But I love a good cup of tea. I like it fairly strong with a little bit of milk and one teaspoon of sugar. And of course, it has to be Yorkshire tea.
11. What time do you wake up on a regular basis?
It’s more like hearing my alarm go off at half six and zombie-walking out of bed rather than waking up, but still. At the weekends, it varies but I’m a teenager so I like my sleep when I can get it.
Here are my questions:
- What was the last thing that made you smile?
- What or who inspires you to write?
- What would be your ideal place to write?
- Like King Lear’s poor judgment, if your life was a Shakespearean tragedy, which of your flaws do you think would be the fatal flaw?
- What song is in your head right now? (or if there isn’t one, which song was last stuck in your head)
- Who do you miss?
- What kind of goals have you achieved since you started your blog?
- What is your pet peeve?
- If you had the chance to become famous would you choose fame or stick to your current life?
- Who is your favourite fictional character from a book or film and why?
- Do you live by a motto or saying, and what is it if you do?
I would like to nominate…
(okay, so I only picked 8 other blogs… shh)